Saturday, September 8, 2012

The 1st Step to Double My Dollar

This blog will document my stock investment experiment win or lose. In principal it's real simple: take $1000.00 and double my money. Then do it again. How? Simple: buy low, sell high. I will attempt to find one stock that is trading higher thans it's low and lower than it's high. Are you still with me? Good. No? Ok let see if this makes it easier. NSS (No Such Stock) is selling for: $2/SHARE. High; $8.00/share LOW: $1/share

Ok, now lets say we buy @ $2/share and then we sell @ $4/share. I doubled my money. I pull it all out and wait for the NSS to drop back down. I set my buy alert at $2/share again. Once I buy a few blocks, I set my sell alert at $4/share. NSS reaches $4, I get the Sell Email Alert and voila. I doubled my money minus the trading fees. E*Trade is $9.99/trade. 

So, today I started.  I opened my E*Trade account and transfered $1000. on a quick transfer which takes 3 days. No prob. Getting set up will take about a week or two. You need a sweep pile to hold your money in between trades so you can park your bucks in a fund or a ready cash account. You can switch things around as you get smarter.

I am hunting for a good stock trading for around a dollar. A stock that might jump up to TWO DOLLARS/share or more.

Thursday my money will be available for trading. Let's see what we can do come Thursday.

Okay, let's see if we can find a good first stock to take us on the first step of our journey. My goal is to double my money. I have no real idea of a deadline but quick like a bunny is more like what I had in mind. You are welcome to follow along and at some point, if the spirit moves you, please feel free to join in and come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment